Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Going home....

I have been feeling very homesick and in a really funky mood. So I went home. Not to the house I live in now, but to the house where I grew up. I lived in that house from the time I was 5 years old until I got married at 22. I dream about the house. I cried when my parents sold it in 1990. I envy my classmates that still live in the area and wish with all my heart that I could afford to live there. Big, heart heavy sigh!!!!


 The above is the lighthouse, Point Vincente Lighthouse. I could hear it sound it's horn on foggy nights from my house. My house is below. Well, the front door. My kids and I were standing on the front and I was taking pictures when the "new" owner opened the door. She and her husband bought the house in 1992 and she loves it as much as we (my family) did and does. She and her husband graciously invited us in to walk around. And I must tell you I shed a few tears seeing the old place! I told stories to my kids and showed them my room. After I had my fill of memories, we piled back in the car and I drove them around to my high school, we went to see the parents of my friends and went to see the Paseo del Mar slide area.






All in all, it was nice to go home.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!!! You are making my day!!!!

NOTE: PLEASE leave your blog address when you leave a comment!! I try to visit/follow/respond to everyone who leaves a comment but sometimes I can't because the google info page doesn't have the information!!