Thursday, February 5, 2009

3-Day Walk in Seattle

I have taken on an incredible challenge. On September 11, 2009, I'll be walking 60 miles over the course of three days, camping out at night with thousands of other women and men taking this journey with me.
It's for an event called the Breast Cancer 3-Day, which benefits Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund. Every advancement in breast cancer research, treatment, education and prevention in the last 25 years has been touched by a Komen for the Cure grant. They are working hard to build a future without breast cancer, and I plan on raising $2,300.00 to help bring us closer to that goal.
Please consider making a donation of $100.00. If you can't give this amount all at once, you can spread it out over four months, using the payment plan option, if you donate online at http://www.the3day.org/. Please also ask your employer if they will double your donation with a matching gift.
Without a cure, one in eight women in the U.S. will continue to be diagnosed with breast cancer. That's why I'm walking in the 3-Day. Because everyone deserves a lifetime.
If you don't want to donate online, please download and print a donation form and mail it to the address on the form. Or you can call 800.996.3 DAY to donate over the phone. I would like to reach my fundraising goal by August 2009, so don't delay!
As you all know, I lost my grandma last July, I miss her every single day. My sister walked last October, this year we are walking as a family. My sisters, my mom, and myself are STROLLING IN SEATTLE (our team name!)

Please use the donation button on my sidebar and help me raise money for this very important cause!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Saw you followed me on Twitter, so followed the link over to your blog. Max is a beauty.

    Are the other sibes pictured yours or friends?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!!! You are making my day!!!!

NOTE: PLEASE leave your blog address when you leave a comment!! I try to visit/follow/respond to everyone who leaves a comment but sometimes I can't because the google info page doesn't have the information!!