Monday, January 4, 2010

A Contest and Lapghans

My friend Dawn over at KnittinWolf is having a contest. She recently had to place her grandmother into a nursing home. She, well let's let her tell it!!

From Dawn's blog:
"I’ve been visiting her a lot and have noticed so many people up there are just abandoned, no family comes to visit, no friends……so I was thinking of making some lapghans for them. Its a little thing that will mean so much to them and be very useful when they are in their wheelchairs, brighten their beds, and to just show them that there are people who care. My son is knitting one and I just completed one last night and starting another.
I thought I’d turn this into a contest in order to be able to provide them with more than what I can do. I’m going to run this until March 1 where I will use the random number generator to pick three winners….everyone will receive a special thank you from us just for participating. First place will be a Deluxe Wolfe Farms gift basket…Second place will be your choice of four herbal soaps….and third will be soap/lotion set.
The lapghans need to be in washable materials. Approximately 32 x 37 inches. Knit/Crocheted/Weaved. Every lapghan will be an entry. You can pm me on rav for my home address or send it to:
Wolfe Farms P.O. Box 10064 Lancaster, CA. 93584-2064"


Please if you know how to knit or crochet, (or I going to put it out there - if you quilt!) let's kick off 2010 with an Act Of Kindness and make one or two or..... you get the idea! Plus the soaps and lotions she makes are out of this world!! I won four a while back and I love them!!!

Now, go forth and spread the word! Link either back here or directly to Dawn's blog!! If you don't quilt, sew, knit, or crochet, please link us up and help us get lapghans made!!!

Bev's Country Cottage (link is to her blog!)is a favorite place of mine to get free patterns! And to get you all started on lapghan making here is a link to an easy peasy pattern!! Sheila's Laprobe!

Thanks everyone!!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much....totally choked up right now...big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great friend you are to post this for "KnittinWolf" I love your header...awesome. Love your profile too! I'm stopping by from SITS...and I'll be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish I knitted! Great thing to do....thanks for stopping by the jungle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great cause. I don't know how to knit yet though I am trying to learn crochet in 2010 (because I love the crochet stuffed animals I have been seeing) which I am hoping will transition me into knitting.

    Shelters of all kinds are always in need of blankets and throws.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!!! You are making my day!!!!

NOTE: PLEASE leave your blog address when you leave a comment!! I try to visit/follow/respond to everyone who leaves a comment but sometimes I can't because the google info page doesn't have the information!!